Thursday, July 15, 2010

Day 215

Between traveling and work, things have been both busy and stressful. This has not helped with the eating. I have been trying to not "write off the summer," but whether it's an opportunity to have really good food (dim sum in San Francisco), or reacting to stress at work, I keep getting derailed and eating crap. I haven't gone so far as to eat a candy bar or donut, but I've come close, and I've eaten other things that are probably just as bad. And with the weather being insanely hot, I'm not walking either - but yes, again, that's just an excuse and not enough of one if I was really motivated. Sigh. I fly to California again in a couple days, but hopefully will be able to get in a lot of walking at the convention center. It's just really hard when you're out of a routine and on the go...I know it's still possible, but just so much harder.

4 comments:

  1. I agree! It is SO much harder when you're on the go and don't feel like you have time to do anything. I just make sure that when I DO have time again, that I TAKE it rather than just giving up and staying off the wagon. You can SO do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the feeling, it has been a week since I have hit the road and it is so hard to get motivated. I am also noticing that when I am at my partner's house I eat crap because he has crap, but when I am at home I eat healthy because I have healthy. Tomorrow no matter what I will exercise. Chin up, we all go through it, just write off the hour, not the summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One day at a time! And, keep writing here. You know that we are onto you...when you write infrequently we know you are less than proud of your eating/exercise! Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer, I have just discovered your blog and I'm so excited!!! I AM where you started. I haven't even read your blog but I will start at the very beginning as soon as I'm done posting this. Thank you for having to the courage to make your journey public and inspire others!! Best wishes to you from Denver, CO!

    ReplyDelete