Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Day 81

It has been just crazy here getting ready for my work trip to Thailand. On one hand I'm eating less because I've been so busy and stressed, but at the same time I've found myself allowing slips (I had pizza last night! :( more than I should. I have been eating lots of salads though, which is good. I'm worried about how things will go on the trip, but I think I need to just do my best, and also maximize the experience. In other words, not have mango sticky rice every day, but maybe a little bit once or twice would be okay. I'm also hopeful that I can get in a lot of walking once I get there - my colleague was saying we will likely be waking up early every day because of the time difference (Thailand is 12 hours ahead of D.C. time), and so hopefully I can motivate to walk on the beach.

When I get back I will redouble my efforts and refocus. I just was talking to a friend at work and she is thinking about finding a 5K walk to sign up for in May or June - I immediately said I wanted to join her - that would be a great goal and motivator for me to keep walking. I am continuously mindful of my cousin Liesl who has lost an impressive amount of weight and done the Komen 3-Day walk twice now. Something to aspire to!

Oh, and the best news - my weight yesterday morning was 331 on my scale - officially 50 pounds! I also spoke to the Dr. Oz folks this morning and they said they are thinking about bringing me back in April sometime, so that's another reason to refocus my efforts.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    I am so proud of you and excited to see you again on Dr. Oz to celebrate what you have accomplished. I too am leaving for a two week vacaion in Florida. In the past a vacation meant eating everything in site and having a 8 to 10 pound gain. This time I am hoping to concentrate on all the things that are fun and not food related. Long walks on the ocean beach and having fun with family and friends. I hope your trip goes well and you are able to take some time for yourself.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Races are great motivators. I used to smoke a pack of cigarettes a day, and skip gym class (I couldn't run 10 feet.) I ran my first marathon last October. Now I believe I can do anything I set my mind (and heart) to.

    ReplyDelete