Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 262

Okay, tomorrow is a new start. It hadn't really occurred to me when I set September 1st as my "restart" date that it was in the middle of the week. It wasn't until Dr. Albers emailed me the other day and asked if I was ready that it hit me that I only had a couple days left! I did treat myself to a few things this morning - a green tea from Panera, a pastry. I feel good about a new start. I've been feeling sluggish and icky, and I'm looking forward to cleaning the sugar out of my body again. It's still crazy hot - I'm not sure how people get up and go running in this kind of weather - but I think I'll start walking again this weekend. We are doing a 1K walk as a family in a week and a half, and I'm sure it won't be a big problem, but it'll still be good motivation to get moving again (especially since I can foresee having to carry a child on my shoulders for part of the way :)  Okay, wish me luck! Let's see if I can lose at least 10 pounds this month - I will do an "official" weigh in tomorrow morning, but I'm guessing I have 20-25 pounds to lose to hit 300 - I'd be thrilled if I can do that by the end of October. Anybody else with me starting up again here?

4 comments:

  1. I recently hit a new high, so I'm 'restarting'. I've been on it for about a week now and it feels great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen,
    I am with you on the new start. I have lost 4 pounds in the last two weeks, My goal is to get off the yo-yo train and try to be consistent no matter what is going on in my life. No excuses but forgivness of myself for slips. We will do this.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm re-starting, too! Giving up wine and bread for 30 days. Re-starting running (evenings!). I have 34 days until my birthday and to finish up those goals set a year ago...whew!

    Happy Fall!

    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go Jen Go! Yay for a new start with a great attitude. And you're at a much better starting point than the true start, plus you have the experience now to know you feel better when you're back on board and what works best. So enjoy getting back in the game full force. I've been slacking myself lately with all the kids home (school does not start until 9/13!), it's hard to get the time to work out, so I'm looking at getting serious about my fitness again as soon as I drop them off on the 13th. Until then, I'll be your cheerleader and sneak in a run when I can. Go go go!!!!

    ReplyDelete