Saturday, February 6, 2010

Day 57

Well, we've been completely housebound now for 36 hours,with around two and a half feet of snow, and lost electricity for about 4 hours today. Somehow not having power made the cravings for sugar rise even more than they had already! We have a birthday cake in the kitchen because we have houseguests coming tomorrow for a couple of nights and it's one of their birthdays tomorrow - as we contemplated more than a few hours without power, it started calling and calling to all of us...

I am VERY proud of myself though! We have a treadmill in the basement that I don't think I have used...ever... But after only getting in about 1200 steps yesterday, I realized I had to do something today. So, while my loving husband was making dinner, I went down and walked for just over a mile, getting in more than 3000 steps! Other than the kiddos being somewhat mystified by what I was doing, it actually felt really good. I realized that I have missed moving around for the last couple of days. It's so easy to just sit on my butt on the couch, and that's not good, especially when it's easy to self-soothe with the stress of the storm (and two crazy kids bouncing off the walls!) with chocolate - dark chocolate, but still probably more than I should be having!

1 comment:

  1. Hi again,
    I have been watching the storm on the news. I hope your power doesn't go out again. We had company tonight and I put out some leftover Christmas baking that I had in the freezer. I had two cookies but could have eaten the whole plate. After they left I went out and bought some sugar free Mentos gum. I really like the Mentos mints. I chewed on one gum the rest of the evening.It was only 3 calories. I had remembered Dr. Albers saying to have an emergency bag with some sugar free gum in it. It worked tonight. Stay safe.
    Diana

    ReplyDelete