Thursday, December 24, 2009

Day 13

So the torture has begun (otherwise known as Christmas at my in-laws'). No, not in the way you might immediately think - I love my in-laws, and love coming to visit them. They are great with the kids, and the kids love being here, so it's really a nice break for me to have the extra help and diversions. To make it even better, my sister-in-law and her fiance are here and they love hanging with the ninos as well.

No, I meant torture in a food kind of way. Christmas at this house means food, and lots of it. Ten kinds of cookies, which people nibble on throughout the day and night. Giant boxes of Russell Stover candies. Even the snacks they have (those other things aren't snacks, those are special Christmas foods) aren't good for me - boxes of Tastykakes, last night a bag of strawberry Oreos... And cheese, lots of cheese. And carbs; we went out to dinner last night and they put a giant basket of big white rolls, corn bread, and banana bread in the middle of the table. Ugh. (I did give in a bit and have half a roll - with my salad, but I resisted the fries that looked really good...)

I'm also getting tired of salads. I've had some great ones, for lunch today one with feta cheese and sun dried tomatoes, but I'm craving breads. I think I've craving all the things I can't have.

On the flip side, I am feeling a whole lot less tired overall. Usually if you gave me the opportunity to take a nap in the middle of the afternoon, or frankly, the middle of the morning, I would be able to do that in a heartbeat. But now, I'm feeling much less in need of sleep during the day. I'm thinking that's the lack of sugar, and a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment