Friday, December 11, 2009

Day 3

Day three.

Second day in a row of an English muffin (whole wheat) with peanut butter. Not bad, but doesn’t last me too too long. Made it through the morning through with tea and gum. Turkey sandwich on whole grain (one slice of cheese, and mustard, not mayo) for lunch. I always forget how much I do like whole grain bread – it has a nice “mouthfeel.”

Five times though I’ve now walked by – and resisted!! – these yummy looking coconut cream puff things that are just sitting out for people to take. And I have not touched the candy bowl either, even though it’s full of chocolatey goodness…

But here comes the weekend and I’m worried. Everything we like to do has some sort of eating component wrapped up in it. One meal, one step at a time. This isn’t a rip-the-whole-bandaid-off-at-once thing – it’s one day, one hour, one minute at a time.

Dinner...this would be one of those nights that I would have said let's go out or let's order pizza. But instead, I found a package of chicken fried rice in the freezer - again, Trader Joes. Only 800 calories in the entire package, and I probably ate about 500 calories worth. The kiddos loved it and ate well, and it probably could be enhanced by additional vegetables. They wanted some of the chocolate cake from the party last night, and so I will confess that I succumbed and had a small sliver, about 5 bites worth. It was really good! I did get rid of the cookies though, they're out of the house.

Tomorrow I think we're going to the movies with the kids - they've already requested popcorn...

No comments:

Post a Comment