Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Day 19

I hate the scale. I weighed myself this morning for the first time in 10 days - and I had lost 2 pounds. IF I leaned forward (if I stood back on my heels, I weighed about where I was last time). This is so depressing. I worked so hard over the holidays to resist the incredible abundance of sweets that were around. I chose to give in only on Christmas, and even then, I didn't go crazy (a few cookies, a couple of petite fours - my absolute favorite - and about half a small slice of cake). I did also eat one cannoli at a party on Sunday (shh, I forgot to mention that in my food log to Dr. R. - really I truly forgot about it!) (And how does one go to a party in North Jersey and completely resist the call of the cannoli??)

I even had a minimum of white bread - a roll a couple of times when we were out at dinner, some bowtie pasta in a chicken pasta salad. I did eat some cheese, which Dr. R. says is a complete no-no. Argh.

My steps were dismal though. I tried to go out walking at night, but even doing two laps around my in-laws' complex only added about 2500-3000 steps, and that added to the 500 or so I got during the rest of the day didn't bring me even close to what I needed to do. Add in two days of driving to and from Jersey when I got virtually no steps in (we drove back yesterday, and my grand total for the day was 1621 :(

And it doesn't help when your children are (unintentionally) sabotaging (okay, more like subverting) my attempts to walk - multiple nights I had crying kids clinging to me begging me not to walk out the door. One night we all ended up going for a walk, which was fine, but they can't handle going very far, and shouldn't have been out in the bitter cold anyway, so I couldn't go as far as I would have liked.

The kids both have been really good about helping me remember to wear my pedometer - M. even wants me to give him one of his own! (It would be interesting to see how many steps an energetic 3.5 year old gets in a day!)

No comments:

Post a Comment