Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 28

In a groove?

I had lunch with a coworker today who hadn't previously heard about all my diet fun. (Had my greek salad pita again - yum!) She said it sounded like I was getting into a groove with the eating. It was an interesting way to think about it that hadn't really occurred to me before. I think she's right about the food, although I still find myself getting depressed or anxious about various things, and it makes me want to throw in the towel. Well, I guess that's not quite right. I'm feeling anxious right this minute, but I'm not sure why. Part of me feels like giving up, but there's a bigger part of me that knows that's not even an option. Maybe that's what she means by getting into a groove. It's becoming far less of an option to give up than it is to keep going. (I did allow myself my occasional indulgence tonight of a small square of very dark Ghiradelli chocolate though.)

Unfortunately, I'm clearly not in a groove yet on the exercising. I'm having trouble finding, no, MAKING, the time to get my steps in. Dr. R. wants me to hit 5,000 a day, and I'm having trouble regularly getting in more than 3000. I keep saying that I'll get up and walk around the building - it doesn't take more than 15 minutes to do three laps. If I did that twice a day, I'd be close to my 5000 steps. But today I couldn't even find - make - the time to do it once. It's boring! But that seems like just an excuse. The weather has been awful, bitter cold, but that seems like just an excuse. Argh.

1 comment:

  1. You need to fill your ipod with cool music or books on tape, or podcasts, that makes walking less boring.

    ReplyDelete